A Fourth Penny for Mummy's Thoughts

Finally, confinement's over on 15 Dec. I was stuck at home for confinement for 1 month and there was so many things that I wanted to do. Like xmas shopping (gosh, this is real pathetic this year, I barely bought presents for anybody cos of the lack of time), manicures & pedicures, cut and colour my hair, KTV etc. So finally I did my hair and colour last Sunday. And today, I have arranged to go do xmas shopping with my good friend.

Well, having a baby will probably turn your own timetable upside down, cos your life no longer just revolves around yourself, but revolves more around your baby as you adjust your time to his feeding, sleeping, pooing etc routines which puts curfews into your life. And of course, that also means no more going out whenever you like or late into the nights... So as usual, this morning, Matt woke up early at 8 plus to feed and then we bathed him at 9 plus. I was trying to put him to sleep before I go off, so that it will be easier on my in laws. However, he seemed to know that I was going out, and didn't want to sleep. Later my MIL told me that whilst I had already left at 11AM, Matt didn't sleep until his next feed at 12 plus.


It was funny to be out without Matt. After all, he's been with me everywhere in that 9 months he was in my tummy (I remember at times when I used to go for my business trips, I would touch my tummy and tell Matt, the plane's going to take off soon. Don't be scared cos Mummy's here with you. Or at home, we would play some children's songs or read bible stories to him). And then I was "confined" at home for 1 month, facing nothing else but mostly Matt. An "overdosage" of Matt... Although I was glad to be out shopping (and obviously did some quick shopping with the ongoing MANGO sale), a few hours shopping in the afternoon seemed too long for me. I finally left Orchard Road slightly after 5pm as I decided I wanted to be home to see my boy. Come to think about it, I couldn't really believe this was me. After all, I have always thought of myself to be more independent, even with kids. Perhaps the saying that my ex-boss used to tell me is true. Wait till you become a mother and you will understand. That was what Priy used to tell me whenever I tell him career was more important and kids can wait and that I should still have my career after having kids. Well, being a one month old mother, of course, I haven't really came to that stage where I have to decide between the two, since I am happily enjoying my maternity leave. But one thing I do know, which also reinforces what YJ has said, Matt has become a very important part of our lives. His growth each day amazes me and I thank God for this blessing in our lives...

0 comments: