Growth Spurts

Mummy:

It may seemed like Matt's having a growth spurth in his week 7. He's been establishing a relatively routine schedule (I track his routine using an excel spreadsheet..). He has about 7-8 feeds a day of 100ML each time and usually 2-3 hours if he is awake between feeds or 3-4 hours if he is asleep between feeds in the day. During the night times, he can last about 3-6 hours between feeds (yes, for the past 3 weeks plus, he wakes up only once around 2-4AM for a night feed, depending on what is his last feed).

However, yesterday was really bad. Since he woke up from his afternoon nap at 430PM, he's been crying for milk every 2 hours (so I fed him 430PM, 6PM and 8PM, before he slept another 3 hours to wake up at 11PM for his last feed). If he has his last feed at 11PM , he would usually wake up around 3 plus and then it could last him till 7AM in the morning. But the night was bad. He woke up at 2AM, 4AM and then 630AM. Mummy could barely get to sleep and then Matt wakes up again.

I suppose this is what they call as "growth spurts". So I increase his intake to 110ML per feed and will continue to monitor. My forum friend whose boy was born on the same day as Matt is already feeding 150ML and also supplemented with Formula Milk. But I am just worried Matt might be taking more than he needs. I guess I will monitor him and see how... Hopefully he will get back into his routine pretty soon. I was so zonked out last night.

0 comments: