The Moment is Coming, Time to Pack Mummy's Hospital Bag...

Mummy went to Dr Chan for her weekly checkup earlier this afternoon. After doing an ultrasound for Mummy, Dr Chan said that Mei Mei is engaged. Based on me, he thinks Mummy still have about 1 week to go, or it could be anytime from now onwards. The other tell tale sign is whilst Mei Mei actually grew 200g heavier (she is about 2.74kg now), Mummy lost 700g from last week. Definitely, this was very well complimented by Dr Chan, since he is so concerned about weight gain all the time. So to date, Mummy put on about 10.5kg, much less than the 12kg that she put on when she was expecting me. Mummy could also feel more frequent contractions although it hasn't reached the stage whereby there are contractions every 5 minutes.

So it's probably time to pack Mummy's hospital bag. The last time, Mummy packed tons of stuff based on a hospital list that were circulating around the mummies. Guess what? She ended up not using anything in the bag at all. So this time, Mummy thinks she won't bother to bring anything much except for herself into the hospital. Haha... Of course, the most important things to bring is my present for Mei Mei - a nice teddy bear, to show her my welcome of her into the family. Mummy says Mei Mei has a present for me too, and I will definitely be very thrilled about it. That leaves me scratching my head, thinking what it is...

Of course, let's not forget about Daddy... He has booked his flight to come back to Singapore this Saturday. So Mei Mei got to hang on until Daddy arrives. The last time when Mummy gave birth to me, Daddy was only back one day before. Hopefully Daddy is able to perform the same "stunt" again... We are keeping our fingers crossed...

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

May God be with you and grant you a perfect timing for her birth!

Arcee said...

hey babe, JIA YOU! keeping you in my thoughts! travis and trishelle rooting for you! and trishelle is waiting to see her peer! ehehe!