Mummy's Thoughts as We Count Down to the Big "ONE"...

As 15 November approaches, Mummy couldn't help but kept reminiscing the past 20 months (during her pregnancy and my last 11 plus' months journey). It seems just like yesterday that I arrived in this world, yet now I am already almost one year old. Looking back, there were so many things that Mummy has never done before, but yet has to do so as a mum... Especially stuff like cleaning up my pee and poo... Dragging herself up during the night when I cry... Waking up earlier every day (even weekends) as I wake up... Mummy was reading Baby Leroy's blog and saw Aunty Desiree penned down some stuff regarding her thoughts of "Before I was a mum". Mummy couldn't help but agree with a lot of those.

It has been a tough year. Being a working mum. Always having to share Mummy's time with my competitor ("Mummy's work"). Especially when a lot can agree that Mummy's a workaholic. But I know Mummy has been trying really hard to keep a good balance between both. A lot of people asked Mummy what's her secret recipe for slimming down so fast after giving birth. Most even say Mummy's slimmer now that before pregnancy and even before her wedding. Mummy's "proud" reply was always "be Matt's babysitter for 1 month". Hahaha... But I want to tell Mummy, I haven't been such a bad boy after all. Many who has helped take care of me always comment I am a good boy. Moreover, my habits are so routine so Mummy usually knows exactly what I am crying or making noise for. Most important of all, I have started sleeping through the nights since I was 3 months.

Mummy has seen how the other mummies in the Nov 2007 community prepare for their precious' big "ONE" party. Mummy has yet to do anything now, especially since we are away from home and we celebrate my birthday every month (hahaha...). But here's Mummy's big present to me - A slide containing my journey for the last 1 year...

0 comments: