Another HFMD Scare...

It's my last day at Sparkletots since we are returning to Shanghai on October 13. Mummy even bought a lot bunch of tidbits for me to distribute to my little friends in class today. However, she received a call from one of my teachers this afternoon who warned about the likelihood of getting HFMD as there are two confirmed cases and two suspected cases under observation in my class. Sigh... what a letdown... This is the second time something like that has happened when we returned to Singapore. The last time we returned in October 2008, we had a scare too as Zoe 姐姐 got it and I was playing with her. As a precaution, Mummy decided that I should stay with 婆婆 for a few days until my incubation period is over, as I always like to touch and kiss Mei Mei nowadays.

Well, as Mummy picked me up from Sparkletots today, the teachers all gave me huge hugs. One said it was a pity as I have already adapted very well there. Another said she loved me for cheeky grins. One even said I was cute that I always like to play hide-and-seek with her. Mummy was glad that my short stay at Sparkletots left the teachers a good impression...

I had my usual flashcard sessions with Mummy before I left to go to 婆婆's place. Mummy's glad that now I am able to say certain animals in Mandarin, including cat, dog, cow, horse, pig, chicken and duck. However, after a while, the cheeky me grew rebellious and no matter whatever animal flashcard that Mummy showed me, it all became CAT... Mummy didn't know whether to get mad at me (for being so uncooperative) or happy about it (that I am smart enough to know that it irritates her) Hahaha...

0 comments: