Home Alone Weekend with Mummy...

Starting from tonight, it's a home alone weekend with Mummy. Daddy has gone on a business trip to Indonesia and 婆婆 has gone on a weekend trip to Ningbo with a visiting friend...

So here's our weekend together. On Saturday, Mummy woke up early to feed me and bathe me. However, I wet the entire bathroom floor as I insisted on playing with the water and kept slapping my hands into the water, as if I am trying to catch a "fish". I took a short morning nap, but realised that when I woke up, I was in my stroller, on the way to the Post Office on Beijing Road to collect Mummy's Amazon order (The order was supposed to arrive at our place, however, as no one was at home, they simply left us a slip to collect it from the Post Office. So unlucky!!!) Boy, those books were heavy. There were all books about weaning, purees, baby development and my new board books. We then went to City Supermarket at Shanghai Center to get my rice cereal, organic carrots and apples, only to realise that there is a smaller outlet near our place, selling the organic vegetables and fruits at a cheaper price. Mummy was furious... All the effort to carry them back home... I was so hungry during lunch time. Mummy fed me rice cereal and carrots, but I was still crying for my milk. I finished the entire bottle of 200ML of milk. After that, we rushed to Gymboree at XuJiaHui for my play class. Wow, there were lots of babies today. We learnt how to balance ourselves today, by swinging on a swing, see saw and lifted up in a piece of cloth. Boy was Mummy and I tired out today... Mummy fed me my dream feed at 830pm and I slept all the way to 9am on Sunday morning. However, poor Mummy still has her technical memo on her favourite topic of the year (ie more convertible loans, preference shares and warrants) to complete and a 20F to review. She only got to sleep at 130am.

So Sunday starts. As usual, the mornings are always busy for Mummy cos she has to feed me my milk and rice cereal. Mummy always wonders why I like to smile while eating my cereal. Cos all the cereal ends up flowing out of my mouth. So I had another day out with Mummy today, and she first had her lunch at Whisk on Huai Hai Road. Whisk serves fabulous chocolate drinks and desserts. I am just waiting so hard for the day I can try them out too... Then Mummy brought me along Huai Hai Road for window shopping.

For the umpteenth times, Mummy had to explain to passer-bys that I am NOT a girl. It always appears strange why people would ask when I am obviously dressed like a boy. So they tell Mummy it's probably cos I have a lot of hair and I have some facial features that makes me look like a girl (ie they all say I have fabulous nice and fair skin, I have long eye lashes and a nicely shaped mouth). But Mummy finds it so strange...NO HAIR = BOY and got HAIR = GIRL? What kind of logic is this?

Lastly, we ended up at a massage place that Mummy frequents. Massage has now become a luxury to Mummy as time always seem to be so short with me around that she seldom finds time to go nowadays. But Mummy can only do foot massage when she brings me along. So I sat beside her in her chair... It was another tiring day for me. I slept early again, at 9pm after my dream feed... Thank you Mummy for the nice weekend... Good nite...

0 comments: