The Big Move Back to Shanghai

It's a BIG move for the Chan family back to Shanghai and Mummy hasn't got time until now to sit down to pen down what happened.

Daddy and Mummy have been really busy these few days, packing for our move back to Shanghai. As they pack their luggage, I realise bulk of their stuff are mine. When we checked in at Changi Airport yesterday, our 2 big luggages came up t0 52kg (almost exceeded the 25kg weight limit for per pax), not to mention we got several hand luggages of my Avent stuff and our winter gear...

Many people came to the Airport to send us off. So whilst everyone was busy carrying me for the last time before I leave, I was preoccupied the whole afternoon. Boy was I tired out! I zonked out even before the flight took off. When the flight was taking off, Mummy was trying to stuff the pacifier I spitted out back into my mouth as Dr Ngiam had said that sucking the pacifier will help me to clear the pressure on my ears. I slept throughout the flight and only woke up once for my evening feed. I was so distracted by the monitor screen showing the geographical location we were at. Mummy just thinks I am being KAPO... Then after that I fell asleep again and did not wake up until I reached our place in Shanghai. This time, when the flight was landing, Mummy just let me sleep and didn't bother about the pacifier. There was a Caucasian baldie "uncle" that sat beside Daddy and chatted to him the entire flight. He commented that I was a "MODEL BABY" as I had been good throughout the entire flight whilst other babies on board were wailing away. Mummy was so proud of me...

It was 3 degrees celsius when we landed in Shanghai, but somehow Daddy said it felt colder than that. Our place in Shanghai is freezing. Whilst Mummy had put on 2 thicker rompers for me and mittens and also wrapped me up in a blanket, I couldn't sleep long by myself in my cot as it was too cold. I kept waking up every other hour. Until Mummy decided that I should sleep between her and Daddy. They left the bathroom light on, to make sure I am ok, checking on me periodically. I finally fell asleep at 4am and slept through till feed time at 8 plus in the morning.











Then, finally time alone with Daddy, whilst Mummy needed to go back to office to get some admin work done. So Daddy played with me whilst I am awake, pat me to sleep, fed me and changed my diapers for the time Mummy was away. Hmmm, he passed the test!!! Haha... Mummy had told Daddy specifically to try to let me sleep less in the day so that she can put me back onto my routine in Singapore with bedtime around 8pm. And I think she kinda succeeded cos I was so tired "exploring" my new home in Shanghai and our short little groceries shopping trip made to Carrefour in the afternoon that I zonked out by 8pm.

0 comments: