Mummy's Thoughts - Going Back to Work Soon...

It's been official. I am returning to work on November 16. I have been back at my office and my bosses have been asking me when I will be returning to work. I guess with the gradual recovery of the capital markets, US IPOs are starting to pick up again and my department is quite understaffed. Much as I would like to spend more time with Matt and Shann, I think I am also pretty eager to return to work. I guess it keeps my sanity intact. I am definitely not cut out to be a full time stay home mum, given my limited patience. Being a working mum helps to keep a better balanced lifestyle for me.

I guess again, just as in 2007 when Matt arrived, this coming year is going to be a challenge for Mummy for several reasons:

  1. Adapting to having 2 kids at home, with the addition of Shannon, as compared to only Matt in the past
  2. Picking up a new US IPO
  3. Daddy also taking a new project role that requires him to be away for as much as 2/3 of his time in Mexico and Indonesia

Logistics have been worked out and has been working smoothly so far. We got Matt attending school at Elite Happy Kids, that will keep him in school learning new things, until he returns home on a school bus at 4pm daily. He's made good progress for his first week at Elite Happy Kids. Teacher Connie also commented that he is participating in the activities and he is playing with a few of the other kids in class. He goes to the reading corner and picks up books for the teachers to read to him. On Friday, when I left him, he even told me that I forgot to give him his school bag. We then got our domestic helper to come in for 3 hours on a daily basis, instead of twice a week previously. Once I return to work, I guess she will have to take over the role of cooking dinner from my mum.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope things work out smoothly...

0 comments: