I Am Sick Again...

It was just a few days after my 2nd birthday. I have been running a high fever for the last two days now, with a temperature as high as 39.8 degree celcius with no other symptoms like running nose or cough. Mummy had given me a depository in my butt and it has brought my temperature down last night so low that the thermometer was unable to detect. Mummy was so scared, but to her worse fear, after the temperature dipped, it shot back up again. So this morning, Mummy took me to the clinic.

After the doctor checked me, she told Mummy that my fever was caused by a throat infection. Whilst waiting for me to pee pee to get a urine test done, Mummy felt me shivering. When we retook my temperature, it was 40.2 degree celcius. So the doctor decided to give me some medicine in the meantime to bring my temperature down. Luckily this time, after the temperature went down and coupled with the antibiotics that the doctor prescribed, my fever subsided permanently. But I had to miss school for three days this week as Mummy decided that even though my fever was gone, she needed to keep me at home to make sure I only return to school when I fully recover in case I fall sick again or I spread the virus to the other kids in school... Sigh...

0 comments: