Mummy's Fear of Having to Deal with a Second Newborn...

You see, Mummy had a dim sum lunch with Aunty Candy and Aunty Fiona (the one that I went to her place before and refused to step onto her furry carpet, hahaha...) at Royal China... Nice food... So the three ladies started chatting about kids and stuff...

So after the conversation and also recent MSN conversations with Aunty Michelle ("My" Claudia's mummy, hahaha...), Mummy started wondering how she is going to be able to deal with a second newborn. You see, Mummy has trained me from knowledge she learnt from books, from experienced mummies like Aunty Candy, Aunty Lina etc and even trial an error. So now that she looks back, she thinks she has done pretty much a decent job in training my habits (of course, much of the credit has to go to my grandparents who have helped out along the way), EXCEPT for sleeping in Mummy's bed. Although I have been pretty much a mischievous boy now that I am in my terrible twos, Mummy still thinks that I haven't been such a difficult kid to take care of anyways (and 婆婆 concurred with this!!!) One thing Mummy would have loved to have done differently and that is she should never have brought me back to sleeping with her. I was quite good in my cot in the summer, then as winter came, Mummy was worried I will be cold in my cot on my own (fearing that I will kick away my blankets), she allowed me to sleep with her. Now, as she is trying to re-train me on this sleeping habit since our little beanie is coming. However, no matter how hard she tried, she doesn't seem to have any success, without me waking up in the middle of the night, standing in the cot and crying for Mummy. Sigh, the moment Mummy picks me up from the cot into her arms, I feel the comfort and goes back to sleep immediately without making further fuss...

Now as Mummy thinks about how she needs to train a second newborn, she starts to scratch her head again. After all, it's been 16 plus months now. And since my 3rd month, everything is a routine to me that it was really easy. Now, Mummy will have to start the routine training all over again... And for one thing, Mummy knows, it will have to start from Day One, not at 3 months...

0 comments: