Happy "One Year Old" Birthday...

Finally, I am ONE year old... As Mummy reminisces the episode on November 15, 2007, she remembers that Daddy has just returned from Shanghai as Mummy was so near to giving birth and so coincidentally, Mummy was sent to the hospital immediately that night (What a close shave! Daddy could have just missed my delivery). The 2 most significant things that Mummy remembered most about my delivery was (1) She had gone to the hospital at 5AM on an empty stomach and Daddy has gone for breakfast, lunch and dinner that day (and Mummy ate nothing!) and I still refused to come out! and (2) the first thing she asked for after her delivery was a can of Coke (so much for Mummy being a coke addict!). And then, finally I am born!!! Mummy would have gone bonkers if she had decided to go natural without epidural. Luckily she made the right choice...

So both Daddy and Mummy gave me their presents for me. Guess what did they buy for me. Coincidentally, they both bought "CARS" for me. But Mummy thinks that her Vtech car serves a dual purpose. It can work as a laptop as well. Mummy hopes that I will give up my interest on hers after I get to have my own cool red racing car laptop. Haha... But Daddy seems to think otherwise. He argues that his car is better, can be mixed and matched into different designs. But Mummy seems to think that Daddy's 老爷车 is nothing but a pool of mess of car parts that is left behind on the floor after I play with it.















So check this out... Whose present do you think is more COOL? Here's another close up of the 2 presents...






















Oh yah, I shouldn't forget the other present Mummy got for me. A little playground for me... I finally overcome my fear of being placed into a pool of balls... And another milestone today... I can stand up on my own from a sitting position...



Some more shots with me inside:















Here's some shots of us with MY birthday cake and presents... Me clapping and singing along with the Birthday song and Me making a birthday wish...

























Here are the milestones I have reached at 1 year old:

  • Imitates others' activities (Definitely!)
  • Indicates wants with gestures (Always points to stuff now)
  • Takes a few steps (Yupz, still hoping I will walk soon, before I get too bundled up in my winter wear)
  • Says two words besides "mama" and "dada" (Hmmm, "mum mum" and "nei nei" --> means eat and milk... I am such a glutton!!!)

0 comments: