Mummy's Thanks @ Easter

It's Good Friday today and it's time to give thanks to Jesus who has died on the cross for us. During this time of giving thanks, we would like to thank God once again for the blessings in our lives. Although there are times where there are still difficult times in the family, but we know that God will be there to see us through. And of course, we can't express enough thanks for little Matthias that God has so blessed us with.



It hasn't been an easy time. Being a working mummy. Every day, there seems to be tons and tons of multi-tasking to do, in order to save time and get everything done. This week has been especially bad, as the projects I am on all seem to come this week. Sometimes I can't help but just wish that if I could be less independent, I would probably be more willing to give up my job and be a SAHM. But then, to me, there is more to Mummy's life than just family. So I struggled to believe that I can strike a good balance between work and family. Looking at Matt delights me even though sometimes it feels terrible after a long day of work. Strangely, just a peep at him sleep so soundly in Mummy's bed is sufficient for Mummy to say the hard work's all worth it...

Matt has been a relatively good boy so far. Putting him on a routine was the best thing I could ever have done. Although I have never read the Gina Ford's little contented baby book, I have heard excellent comments about it. And surprisingly, after being 2 months of terror, Matt's schedule just fell into place into the Gina's Ford schedule. Now he is just so much easier to take care and I certainly thank God for this. I went for a Singaporean mummies' gathering just the other day. The mummies all commented that Matt's a well-behaved boy. No wailing, strictly on schedule, haha, even his pooing (cos he poos concurrently or immediately after his feed). Daddy always say Matt's an Oscar award winner outside home, cos he is always so well behaved. Maybe this is Matt's signal to Mummy to bring him out more often. Haha.

Matt has been trying to suck his fingers and fist for a long time. I pull it out every time I sees him doing this. But these 2 days when I worked from home, I started seeing him putting his hand in very often. Guess what the evil Mummy did? Mummy beat him hand one night every time she sees him doing that. And so for the rest of the night, Matt didn't dare put his hand into his mouth anymore. The next morning, he tried away, being a forgetful little baby. I raised my hand slowly, he looked at me and blinked his eyes and quickly pulled his hand out of his mouth. It was hilarious... Matt seemed to know now that Mummy hates his bad habit of sucking fingers...

0 comments: