Glimpse of ME, Mummy's First Born


See, this is how I look when I first come out from mummy's womb...on 15 Nov 2007, at 1901 hours, at 48cm and 2.97kg. Mummy has a long labour of 15 hours cos my head (although down...) was facing the wrong direction (facing the sky instead of the floor). Dr Chan says if I were any bigger, Mummy would have to go for C section... Thank goodness...
Here's Mummy's labour story:
  1. Midnite: Contractions begin... Tried to tahan...
  2. At 5AM, cannot take the pain anymore, went to Gleanagles and checked in
  3. At 6AM, was already 2-3cm dilated
  4. At 715AM, took epidural, then rest
  5. At 8AM, Dr Chan came and checked, was 7cm dilated. Then I thought "good, should be a short labour"
  6. Then the waiting game begins, until 2PM, Dr Chan came back again and say not much increase in the dilation. Checked and say although bb's head is down, he is facing the delivery canal, instead of the top of the head facing. Then he say, need to wait further and see. There might be a chance of having a chance of C section. I almost fainted.
  7. Then at 4PM, Dr Chan checked again, and say I am still not ready yet, cos bb's head still quite high up and can't move down cos of the wrong direction
  8. Then at 6PM, he came by again and checked again. This time, bb's head came down more and he said even though, wrong direction, can still try to deliver naturally since bb's head is low already and not too big. He will try to do a forcep delivery to help me
  9. At 701PM, while Dr Chan was preparing to put his forceps in to help my delivery, Matthias' head finally turned and came out naturally.

See those tubes beside me... The nurse is going to put them into my mouth to clear all fluids... Yucksss...

0 comments: